Elements coursework offers studies in advanced mathematics, based on the Elements of Mathematics series, to highly-talented middle school students. Courses include formal logic, along with a broadened and accelerated course of math that is very different than mathematics curriculum used in schools. Some schools even allow students to substitute participation in Project MEGSSS Elements program for their math requirement. The Intro to Elements program is a great summer enrichment choice for math-talented students, and a prerequisite to participation in after-school classes (described below).
Many students who qualify for Elements have never experienced the challenge of grappling with difficult mathematics concepts and building the persistence to master such concepts. Student surveys indicate an improvement in students’ intellectual abilities as a result of participation, including:
- Development of self-discipline & study habits.
- Better time management and organizational skills.
- Transfer of logical problem-solving techniques to other academic areas.
- A more positive approach to school.
- Ability to participate in higher-level mathematics coursework during high school & college.
The Roadmap to Elements
- Students sit for the Elements Admissions test: Our admissions test will open in February. Students who qualify based on our admissions test will be offered admission into the 2022-2023 first year cohort. REGISTER HERE
- Complete the Summer Prerequisite course: The 1st year Elements summer course includes our Operational Systems course and our Intro to Elements course, which provide the necessary foundation for entering Elements students to be successful in their 1st year. Our summer prerequisite course will be offered twice this summer. You may choose either session.
- Register for Elements: Elements registration will open at the end of this summer! REGISTER HERE
If you’re interested in learning more about the Elements program to assess if its a good fit for your student contact Heather Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an intake conversation.
Click below for our latest KDHX radio spot describing the Elements program: